SEO is the acronym for Search Engine Optimization. This means creating a site that is search engine friendly so that when keywords related to what the site is about are searched, it will show up higher in the search results. Check out these tips from San Jose SEO to help your site rank higher in the SERPs.
You want your newsletter website to be first, or at least among, to appear on the list when people search for your keyword.
There are certain techniques you can use to improve your chances of being on top when searched.
The techniques are the same as for normal search engine optimization pages:
1) Keyword research. You need to find keywords related to what your site is about and test how strong or weak they are.
A good keyword tool to use is Wordtracker. You can use the Google AdWords Keyword Tool also. These will give you keyword ideas and the number of monthly searches made for them.
2) Simple and clean HTML page. Those search engines will not pick up on frames or image maps. If your site is 100% flash then it should be thrown out.
3) Link Internal links. A Connected Linkscape is a site map for your site. This will improve your search engine optimization.
4) As much content as you can. The more content you have on your site the more pages Google will index. This means more chances of your website being found.
5) Client Testimonials. Perhaps one of the best ways to get your site out there is to have some written public testimonials. Maybe you have some friends or customers that will tell people about your excellent service, or create a review that people will see.
6) 404 error pages. If you make it a habit to keep refreshing or plugin 404 error pages, it is going to set the spiders off on your site. Having a 404 error page that says “The page could not be found. Try looking for it above”, is most annoying to your visitors. Also getting someone to rein redirected to a custom page that can handle the error is best.
7) Write a style sheet. It’s a good idea to have a CSS or style sheet set up within your site. The CSS file will keep coding the style changes. It’s also important to have a separate sitemap for the search engine spiders. It makes it easier for them to read through your website.
8) Get listed in Google Local. You will have probably found that there are lots of free directories that will publish your information. This will help your site get indexed
9) Use analyst applications. Many marketing tools can be used for your online business. Analytics and pred wishlist. Perfect keyword Phrase of course!
10) Use Research Data. Companies such as Chitika will price their data. This means that there will be fewer of them when the data is compiled. This allows you to check out your current traffic and compete with other similar large sites.
11) Use A Traffic Estimator. This is a program that basically finds the best keywords for your site. It’s simply a program that tells you what your competition is doing right and what they’re not doing right. This will be helpful to find Faster Results.
12) Keyword tools. AdWords tool is excellent if you want to price your keywords. Again using Google tools, you can find the best keywords and even see how much it’s costing you for them right now.
13) Definite guide to SEO. Ahrefs is a good way to find the top keywords for your site right now. You can use this to input your main competitors and see how they’re performing overall.
14) Search result repeating. When you search for something specific and you get the results back on the same page you’re confused. You think “Well, How did I get on?”. The Search Engine maybe did not find exactly what you were looking for. Of course with SEO you can avoid this situation by using “sandboxed” keywords.
15) Keywords relevancy. Even though SEO will bring more visitors to your site, you still need to use the keywords that will make it easy for the visitors to locate your site. Let’s say that your site is about SEO. You should use the keyword “SEO” as much as you can on your site. but focus on keyword phrases “SEO Consultants, Complete Search Engine Optimization Services, Search Engine Marketing”
16) Link popularity. The basic concept of link popularity can be broken down into the ratio of count to people who link to your site. This will show you the number of links that your site has been submitted to the Yahoo! Directory, MOZ, Google, and the other top search engines. See here, Directory links, filenames, and page titles that contain a “?” are being counted as outbound links.